Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lowepro Slingshot camera bag

Since I love this camera bag so much, I thought I'd write about it and spread the love (to my massive readership of like 4 people).

I use the Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW (the AW is for All Weather).



As its name alludes, it's a sling-style bag that only has one strap. If you're wearing it and need to get to your camera, you just rotate the bag from it's position on your back to right in front of you, just like in the third photo above. You unzip a flap that gives you easy access to your camera. It also opens up all the way like in the second photo for full access. I take this bag everywhere with me, and it performed flawlessly on a pretty rigorous 3 week trip through Italy. It also has a small pocket at the bottom where the nylon cover sits out of the way when you're not using it, but when it starts to rain, you can pull it out and cover the entire bag in just a few seconds to keep the moisture out.

I "de-badged" mine so that it has no mention of Lowepro on it anymore, just to make it look more generic and so it doesn't scream "I'm a camera bag, come steal me!".

My only small nit with the bag is that the seam on the nylon cover is starting to come apart where the stitching is, which started before I had hardly even used it.

I bought mine from Amazon. The Lowepro 200 works the best for me, but they sell it in 3 sizes (100, 200, 300).

No comments: