Friday, September 21, 2007

intro

Writing an intro for a blog that has no readership seems a bit silly, but should this someday end up being seen by a larger audience I figure it can't really hurt to describe this blog's reason for being.

As an amateur photographer in the early experimentation phase, I find myself keeping a big collection of random tidbits, notes, and links that I've come across. It's not very well organized and since I'm outgrowing my "dump everything into one file" system, I've decided to see if a blog will suit my goals better -- to document and share the digital photography information, tips, techniques, and good resources that I've found since I began playing with my Nikon D200 DSLR. ...And maybe also to share an occasional photo.

I'm hoping that with the help of some thoughtful tagging, I'll be able to have a reasonably organized collection of information.

As for the name photohacker, it's... a bit of an overstatement. If you're reading this, don't take the name too seriously -- I certainly don't. Most of the other names I tried were taken (and I tried *a lot* of them), and ultimately I just decided that photohacker sounds kind of cool. It's growing on me already.

No comments: