Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Woody Harrelson at Google

Last week I had the opportunity to photograph an event at the Google campus -- Woody Harrelson paid us a visit to speak about environmental issues, and the ways in which regular people can get involved and make a difference. He was very laid back and down to earth, and seemed happy to be chatting and mingling with all of the Google folks. He was also very gracious with my incessant photo-taking, something I imagine he's pretty used to.

It was a goal of mine to avoid the use of flash as much as possible. I generally prefer shooting with whatever light is available than to use on-camera flash, and it can get tricky at times to strike the right balance of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to get crisp, non-blurry images.

Here are a few photos I like from the event.

Woody Harrelson and Rebecca Moore (Manager, Google Earth Outreach)
Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 31mm, 900 ISO


Joe Hickey (Managing Editor, Voiceyourself.com), Woody Harrelson, Rebecca Moore
Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 24mm, 400 ISO


With mic: Rebecca Moore, Woody Harrelson
Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 45mm, 1100 ISO


Woody Harrelson and Sean Askay (Engineer, Google Earth)
Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 50mm, 1600 ISO


Woody was given a gift bag at the end of the evening, and was very excited about the Google branded hat he found inside it.


Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 40mm, 1100 ISO



Image info: f/2.8, 1/60 sec, 35mm, 1400 ISO


2 comments:

Jickey said...

Hey Reuben,

It was great meeting you at google and I saw all of your great photos on google's in-house site. You can always reach me through Woody's site at www.voiceyourself.com and I have a request. Because our visit at google was on behalf of Voiceyourself.com, could you please list me as the managing editor at Voiceyourself.com. Thank you again for all your great photos and hope our paths cross again.

Kindest regards,
Joe Hickey

antman said...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for visiting my humble blog. :)

It was a pleasure meeting you and Woody, and thanks again for the opportunity to brainstorm with you guys and take a ton of photos. I admire the work that you do and of course wish you continued success.

I have changed the caption on the photo as you requested.

Take care,
- Reuben